Saturday 15 December 2012

Leaps and Bounds


Just before I left on my honeymoon, I had ordered and got delivered the front steering head bearings for the bike.  If you have never heard of them, or haven't checked out their site, go to Allballsracing.com (No I'm not getting paid for this advertisement!).  They have an awesome directory that allows you to match the bike you have with the front end you want to mate to it and get the proper bearing sizes!  No steering stem or neck modifications necessary.   Ecstatic with my purchase I set to installing the bearings on the bike.

Installation was super simple and straight forward. The real pain was not buying the special nuts and washers that hold the triple tree to the chassis when I purchased the front end.  Live and learn. Do remember that steering head bearings need to be packed with grease prior to installation.  If not, it can lead to premature head wear and can be dangerous.


 

Clip-ons and folding, adjustable levers went on pretty quick with excitement to see some progress on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment